The Application DBA will be expected to be a domain database expert and be accountable for key initiative program database deliverables. This person will use business and industry knowledge to translate the vision of divisional initiatives into business solutions by designing and implementing the appropriate data solutions.
The Application DBA will also participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of Database Solutions within an enterprise shared database environment across multiple technologies.
- Provide technical database design support to FIMT engineering organization
- Design operational and transactional database solutions that meet the functional and non functional business requirements.
- Perform application database administration functions including database performance tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, and environment support
- Work with development teams in database design process and make suggestions/recommendations based on the application data usage requirements
- Provide database expertise in all phases of SDLC
- Work with senior level business and technology partners to define and implement database solutions that are aligned with the FIMT enterprise blueprint
- Provide 24×7 second level application database production support
- Interface with Technology Operations and infrastructure groups to plan and manage changes in the production environment.
- Review business data requirements, database designs and database access code
- Ability to analyze complex database problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Project coordination and planning
- Evaluation and recommendation of software products in database management arena
Skills and Knowledge
- Very strong SQL / application database performance tuning skills.
- 8 or more years Database Administration / DB development experience with Oracle. Some exposure to Sybase or MS SQL Server is highly desired
- Experience with database replication and ETL tools
- At least 2 years’ experience in UNIX and working knowledge of UNIX scripting languages (e.g. PERL, shell programming).
- Physical database design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the Investment Industry would be a plus
Location: Merrimack NH