Full Stack Software Engineer in Test
As a member of the Healthcare Platform squad, the Software Engineer in Test Full Stack Engineer operates as tester with broad skills including analysis, and Java based RESTful services development. Primary role is tester in an Agile environment using Cucumber BDD and combinatorial test scenario design. As an analyst, understand the business functionality and data scenarios which require test. Question, uncover gaps, and identify data required for test. As a developer, all squad members have the ability to develop features and functionality; Key software development skills include Java with Spring Boot and RESTful APIs. As a tester, combinations of test cases run into hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions of cases. Using combinatorial test methods, broadly and with transparency cover functionality with automated BDD tests, using tools appropriate to the application.
Expertise and The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 6-9 years of primary development experience (currently hands on) in Java web services working in Agile teams.
- Responsive & Progressive Modern Web application development.
- Test Driven Development: Cucumber/Gherkin, Junit
- Application build deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools — Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
- Team player, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- Understanding of Java, docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure) will be a plus
- Clear communication. Communicate globally with teams in China and/or India, which may require out of normal working hours collaboration
- Firm grasp of the test triangle and demonstrated adherence to it
- Some travel for business meetings (quarterly)
The Value You Deliver
- Assuring the correctness of Planning and Advice tools for our many customers who rely on this advice
- Understand the business goals of the program by working with product owners
- Engaging with the product owners, flesh out requirements and drive implementation by developing BDD tests that, when successfully run, meet the acceptance criteria for the functionality.